We Are Debt Relief Attorneys Who Fight for Our Clients
Debt lawsuit defense, settlement and judgment resolution
Debt problems don’t go away on their own, but with the right lawyer by your side, you might be able to lower or even eliminate the amount you owe. At Tom Thomas Legal, P.C., we are experienced Texas debt defense lawyers with offices in Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Fort Worth and El Paso. We take on debt buyers, creditors and collection agencies in court and at the negotiation table, and we have decades of experience defending against the collection tactics used by credit card companies, student loan providers and other creditors.
Clients trust and recommend our firm because we are:
- Respected — If you are experiencing financial troubles, you may feel that creditors, collection agencies or debt buyers will not work with you. Our attorneys have a proven track record defending debt matters. Plaintiffs in debt litigation know that we will find flaws in the creditor’s case, making them much more willing to reach a reasonable settlement.
- Focused — Our firm exclusively handles debt relief matters. We have years of knowledge relating to Texas debt collection laws and can identify creative solutions that other attorneys may miss. You can count on receiving personalized attention from an accomplished and committed attorney.
- Cost-effective — Some people struggling with debt hesitate to hire an attorney because they believe the cost will make a tough situation worse. We understand the financial pressure you’re facing and offer reasonable rates and flat-fee arrangements. You can be confident about getting the legal help you need at a fee you can afford.
We assist individuals and businesses in matters relating to:
- Debt defense litigation — Our debt defense attorneys represent clients in lawsuits and settlement discussions with credit card companies, student loan companies and other creditors. Drawing on our deep understanding of debt collection laws, the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and the Texas Rules of Evidence, we frequently achieve successful results when we force creditors and other plaintiffs to show their hand and play by the rules.
- Negotiations with creditors — We handle all types of negotiations involving consumer, business and judgment debts. When warranted, we also use our negotiation skills to help people avoid bankruptcy.
Though we are proven trial advocates, we can often resolve cases quickly and successfully through settlement discussions because we are well versed in the law and the factors that get debt buyers, creditors and collection agencies to lower their demands.
Contact an effective Texas debt relief attorney for a free consultation
Tom Thomas Legal, P.C. represents Texans in a wide range of debt relief matters, including credit-card and student loan litigation, business debts and judgment resolution. To set up a free initial consultation, please call 855-898-3328 or contact us online. We have offices in Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso and Fort Worth..